Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Understand the language

I am currently in Kuala Lumpur and this morning we had a conference call with a customer in China regarding a project they were asking our advise on. The discussion was held partly in English, partly in Cantonese. Frankly, my knowledge of Cantonese is zero, or even worse, which means I did not get anything of what was said in that language. Fortunately, I had with me in the room one of my friends who can understand the language reasonably well.

This sounded invaluable, as it allowed me to assess more or less the thinking and feeling of the customer. Not being able to see him, it is important for me to understand how what I am saying is actually coming over. In some cultures, and when you know the language, you can assess that from the tone used. Unfortunately, when things just sound as a series of sounds without any meaning to you, it is very difficult to assess things.

That's the reason why it is of the uttermost important, when holding such discussions, to have somebody with appropriate language (and culture) understanding to keep you on the right track. And it needs to be a person you can trust. Particularly with Asians, that are very good at not showing their emotions, having such an ally is critical for any serious negotiations. Here again, I can HPIM5074_edited-1only stress the importance of gaining a good understanding of what is in the mind of the person at the other side of the line. Keep that in mind when having discussions over long distances. Otherwise, you will be flying blind and may end-up in completely the wrong place. Remember this old Chinese proverb (actually this is how it was explained to me) "If you do not know where you are, no map will help"

2 comments:

Christopher Sciacca said...

Thanks for your comments about the milk job. You may a great point. As an American though, I feel comfortable in saying that I pity these people. They simply need to make some small adjustments and look at the big picture here.

Christian said...

Christopher, I fully agree with you. I have been working with Americans for more than 20 years and have found them often to be centered around their own world, forgetting there is something else out there. By the way, I just picked up in Singapore a book, titled "The Extreme Future", written by James Canton, looking after the top trends that will reshape the world in the next 20 years. Facinating. I'll probably share more in one of the next posts.